Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Perfect World....

Looking back the roads i've taken and the paths i've chose in life, from what degree course shud i take to who i shud bring as my date to high school prom... its just too perfect and of coz the credit goes to my parents, relative and friends. The reason why i think i had the guts to step that one step forward is because i know that if i fall, the are people or at least one person to lift me up again and keep kicking my ass so that i keep moving forward. I wouldnt say that my life is pefect, but at least there are perfect moments to make me smile during my dark hours.
People come from all walks of color. Trust me, when i say color, i am not being a racist. Color as in how people act towards another being. Looking out my apartment window, as far as my eyes bring me, the world seem so perfect. But the very next morning, the headlines just rip this thought off my head and makes me think the exact opposite. Murder, accidents, rape, kidnapping, incest, suicide, robbery...what hurts the most is that my perfect world seem perfectly fake. How many of us ladies can actually walk in the basement carpark of a shopping mall alone without being extra cautious? We all use to be scared of boggie man, ghosts, and spirits which may or may not exist in the first place, but looking around the only thing we really need to be afraid of is the man standing next to you---who might be a serial killer....It is good to be careful, not frightened all the time....in the lift, in the carpark, in the lrt, in the bus-stop, in the train station, in the 5 hour journey bus, in the public toilet, while we're walking on the pavement, in the cab, in our own apartment. If we all cared just a little more, we could make a change, even if its a small change, it might make someone smile. In the world so cruel, the small thing we can do for each other is feeding a smile once in a while....Reminds me of Nickelback's "If Everyone Cared".

" Funny how cruel the world could be,
More than what we can just see,
Here we are joking and laughing,
Not seeing miles away someone is crying...

We all think we are the shining star,
Not knowing how tiny we really are,
Forgetting where we came from,
Till we are struck by a big storm...

There we go judging people we dont even know,
Putting ourselves in a position so low,
Not seeing how much a heart can break,
Putting humanity on the stack...

Looking outside the window,
I realise the chance i blew,
The guilt eating me from inside,
Not being able to turn on the light...

When i look myself into the mirror,
I dont wanna see a terror,
I wanna see the person i truly am,
Not the mask of shame..."
-MK-


No comments: